The Governing Body at our school
At Holy Cross Primary Catholic Voluntary Academy, our governors are volunteers from our parish, school and local community. They are each responsible for providing strategic leadership and accountability in our school.
We currently have 12 governors comprised of:
- Seven foundation governors, appointed by the Diocese of Nottingham (including our Parish Priest)
- One staff governor, elected by the staff at our school
- Two parent governors, elected by parents of the school to act as a representative for the parents on the governing body
- One co-opted governor, also appointed by the governing body
- One associate governor, elected by parents
School governors are volunteers with varied skills who have an interest in our children's education and the smooth running of the school.
Governors meet regularly to monitor finance, strategic development, health and safety and pupils and personnel within the school. We also spend time in school working with the children and the staff to support our high standards.
We ensure that the school maintains our distinctive Catholic ethos and the link between the Parish and the school. If you have any questions or would like to meet with me then please contact me via our school office.
Mrs Louise Edwards (Chair of Governors)